pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

songs of heart

i'm not the kind of person who loves nowadays songs. i like some of them but not all of them. to me, the melody is good and catchy but its ruined by the insignificant lyrics. there is no real meaning of songs. songs are created to unify people, to teach mankind how to get through the obstacles, to give us a lesson of life, to celebrate love, to show appreciation.

i was born in 1992. basically, i'm equally exposed similar to other teens out there. but to the truth is i'm an oldies person. i love old songs. Wham, Scorpion, Debbie Gibson, Bonnie Taylor, Cindy Lauper, Bon Jovi. you name it, i love most of them. i feel like i was born in their era. my mom's era. i love their songs. usually, i will fight with my cousins when we get into the car. he is literary hear to hitz.fm day and night. he would yell at me when i tune to lite.fm and typically my rizal will defend me as he is the old songs fan too. in fact, the first time i hear about him (even though he was my classmate) was when my English teacher, Miss Laila told how impressed she was, reading rizal's essay with the usage of hotel california-the eagles lyrics. i was too! truthfully, he is better than me.

okay back to my main point, some people like the way old songs bring out the emotion of the melody. but some says old songs are only for old people. clearly, that is a vague assumption. some also say nowadays songs are more fascinating than the old ones.

last but not least, people are different but yet, they are similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment